We are happy to announce that the long awaited new and improved Library Website is here.
A short tour of our sight shows you:
- ONLINE CATALOG – Several places throughout the site will allow you to link directly to the Online Catalog. Click on any book on the pages or on the menu Catalog under Library Services
- PROGRAMS is the place to find out what events are going on at the library
- KIDS area has database resources for help with homework, as well as a section showing the latest books that have arrived for the younger patrons
- TEENS section have links to databases, college ideas, latest and greatest books for the kids reading chapter books to young adult books
- LIBRARY SERVICES provides information on what the library provides, how to get a card, online catalog, policies, Library Board of Trustees information
- CONTACT lets you tell us what you think of the library; ideas for improvements, issues you might have. or just a congratulations you are doing a great job.
- BOOK REVIEWS will be added to for all ages, So please if yo have read a book write a short review and it could be published on the site
- ADULTS showcases the latest library news as well as great books that have arrived
- ALLEN HAPPENINGS – If we know of an event in Allen it can be posted and promoted here
- ALLEN HISTORY If we have history of the area, links or pictures we would be proud to show them off here.
- more to come as we explore the possibilities…
As with all new projects this is one in development and will be updated and tweaked over the next few weeks. Check back often to see what is in store for Allen, or stop by the library and help us out in its development.
Funding from Oklahoma Department of Libraries and the US Libraries Services & Technology Act have made the staff training and materials need to run it possible. Without them we would not be able to provide up to-date technology in the Allen Library.